Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 1996 18:08:34 -0700
From:      Fred Condo <fred@lightside.net>
To:        questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   gdb can't access address

I've been trying to help track down the SEGV bug in Apache. To that end,
I've tried to backtrace the core dump using gdb. When I do that, I can get
a backtrace without symbols, but it can't do it with the symbols turned on.
Here's an example:

Core was generated by `httpd-g'.
Program terminated with signal 6, Abort trap.
#0  0x8091ee5 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x8091ee5 in ?? ()
#1  0x3e88 in ?? ()
#2  0xefbfe13c in ?? ()
#3  0xc7a9 in ?? ()
#4  0xcb99 in ?? ()
#5  0x4941 in ?? ()
#6  0x4b2d in ?? ()
#7  0x5127 in ?? ()
#8  0x5419 in ?? ()
#9  0x10d3 in ?? ()
(gdb) file httpd-g
Reading symbols from httpd-g...done.
(gdb) bt
#0  0x8091ee5 in end ()
Cannot access memory at address 0x366c0.

After loading the symbols, it can only show me the innermost stack frame :(

Any suggestions would be appreciated. This is under FBSD 2.1.0R and
whatever gcc comes with that (2.6.3, I think).