Date:      Sun, 03 Jan 1999 01:10:29 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        chris@netmonger.net, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wanton Atticizing is bad

>  * From: Christopher Masto <chris@netmonger.net>
>
>  * What I'm getting at is that if we want to stand a chance of being able
>  * to increase FreeBSD's visibility, it has to be _useful_ to _more_
>  * people.  It seems like some of these drivers are being removed simply
>  * because nobody on the core team uses them.  Hell, I don't use most of
>
> Whoa!  Not so fast my friend.  It was not the core consensus to remove
> them, and some of them have already been ressurected, with others
> pending discussion.
>
> We have every intent to keep drivers that people are using, please
> don't jump to conclusions just because a couple of core members went
> overboard with their cvs priviledges. ;)

Actually, at least one of those core members went over board in the past
with their commit priviliges. This is my *second*  request for a form
or procedure to deal with -core members when they step over their
boundaries specially when  the code in question is not theirs nor is
their field of expertise. The result of my little fiasco with
-core caused me my cvs commit priviliges and I voluntarily ceased
all multimedia work for FreeBSD because I couldn't defend the
multimedia's group code in the source tree against -core.

	Amancio