Date:      Wed, 28 Feb 2001 12:27:04 -0500
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        Johan Yusoff bin Abu Bakar <t0j0@yahoo.com>
Cc:        treznor@sunflower.com, David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>, Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>, Rich Morin <rdm@cfcl.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Curious delay in telnet

Simpler is not always better.  A hosts file entry will fix this
problem for a specific configuration.  It won't fix the general class
of problem.

Bad reverse DNS can slow down everything that uses IP (depending on
the daemon and configuration on the other end of the connection).

Michael Lucas
mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org
http://www.blackhelicopters.org/~mwlucas/
Big Scary Daemons: http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/q/Big_Scary_Daemons