Date:      Sat, 2 Aug 1997 16:59:08 -0400
From:      "Donald J. Maddox" <root@scsn.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        dmaddox@scsn.net, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports-current/packages-current discontinued

On Sat, Aug 02, 1997 at 01:44:22PM -0700, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> [Please trim your cc's - this is getting out of control]
>
> > This seems to me to be a very silly attitude.  Today's -current is
> > tomorrow's release...  If this foolishness of continuing to maintain
> > tcl in the base tre e is not stopped _now_, we will have to live
> > with it for the next N releases.  _Please_ end it *now*.
>
> This argument is hardly likely to win many points.
>
> If this matter is to be concluded reasonably then it's going to be
> because the principals involved agreed to sit down and discuss it
> *rationally*.  Demanding that people do things "now" is just fanning

    Jordan, that seems to be in direct contradiction to your last
email to me on this matter.  Seems to me you were stating specifically
that this issue was a _very emotional_ one, and it seemed that you put
a lot of value on this emotional aspect.  It was I who was arguing that
this should be considered in a more rational fashion.

> the flames and bringing yet more onwonted emotion to an already
> overly-emotional issue.
>
> In other words, Donald, you're not being part of the solution, you're
> being part of the problem.  Either change that aspect of your debating
> style or kindly stay out of the discussion since you're not helping.
>
> 					Jordan

I'm sorry you see it that way, Jordan.  I have simply endured too many of
these ego-wars amongst core-members to remain silent through this one.  I
cannot see how any reasonable person cannot see at this point that having
tcl in the base distribution was a rather MAJOR mistake from square one,
and I, for one, am disgusted that people who I _used_ to have some measure
of respect for could be so moved by ego alone to allow this situation to
continue.