Date:      Sun, 9 Apr 2000 20:29:52 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Moused and X

Dear Christian, thanks.

> > I had X running via /dev/cuaa0 quiet well. Then I discovered moused,
> > really usefull in the console. moused -p /dev/cuaao -m 2=3, which now sits
> > as a moused.sh in /usr/local/etc/rc.d,
>
> That's nice, but you can (and thus should) set up moused in
> /etc/rc.conf. It's straightforward. You can also take a look at
> /etc/rc.i386 to see how the moused_* variables from rc.conf are
> combined to start up moused.

And there I found, surprise, surprise, "moused_flags". Adding the line
moused_flags="-m 2=3" is ok in the console, with this two button Microsoft
Mouse, but seems to make no sense with X (and is maybe therefor not in the
setup utility /stand/sysinstall).

Its a pity ;-)

If you read this in -questions only, please cc any solution to uzs106etc,
since I cannot subscribe to this valuable source of information, too much
traffic.

Cheers,

Heiko