Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 96 23:08:05 0000
From:      Suren <syegiyants@rainfall.mwd.dst.ca.us>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Ifconfig

I was helping out a friend with his FreeBSD network setup in a small Lan environment
and noticed that the output from the "ifconfig" command was showing <SIMPLEX>.  He
was complaining about a slow throughput and being rather new to FreeBSD but not new
to Unix in general, I assumed that was the problem.  However, it turned out that his
IRQ settings were not matching with the Kernel, and once I corrected it the speed
was acceptable telneting the the FreeBSD box.

Anyway, I am curious what does the SIMPLEX mode mean and how can it be turned off.