Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 2000 09:37:19 -0500
From:      Dave Glowacki <dglo@ssec.wisc.edu>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.osd.bsdi.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: Destabilization due to SMP development

"Daniel C. Sobral" wrote:
> "Jordan K. Hubbard" wrote:
> >
> > Everyone talks about using bitkeeper but none of the people who
> > recommend it have ever actually tried to use it for anything.
> > Before such recommendations will bear weight, this needs to
> > change. :)
>
> OCVS? (Or was it OVCS? I can never recall...)

I know of at least 4 open source successors to CVS:

Eivind Eklund's OVCS
	http://www.OpenVCS.org/

Josh MacDonald's PRCS
	http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~jmacd/prcs.html

Jonathan Shapiro's DCMS
	http://www.eros-os.org/~majordomo/dcms-dev/

tigris.org's Subversion
	http://subversion.tigris.org/

Of these, PRCS the only one out of the design phase,
though it doesn't yet have a client-server mode.
Oh yeah, there's Bitkeeper too, but it's not really
open source...