Date:      Sat, 3 Nov 2001 22:46:21 -0800
From:      Sean Ellis <sellis@telus.net>
To:        brain_damaged <brain_damaged@florida-wireless.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: httpd log files big

Hello bd,

Saturday, November 03, 2001, 10:05:20 PM, you wrote:

>> And does anyone have a perl script or program to read the httpd logs
>> and pull out failed access or something to auto notify of virus
>> attacks or such ?

I've been trying out a utility called 'logcheck' to monitor my log
files. Not the apache logs, but I imagine you could add them into
the config without problem. It will email you an alert according to
what you have told it to ignore or to pay attention to.

--
Best regards,
 Sean                            mailto:sellis@telus.net