Date:      Mon, 30 Mar 1998 17:19:37
From:      "M. Monninger" <markem@primenet.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: spontaneous reboot / panic

At 03:49 PM 3/30/98 -0800, Doug White wrote:

>Should be a lot more to this.  A panic in idle state would be *very*
>suspicious; it may be a hardware problem, bad memory or corrupted swap.

Here's one from my system:

fault virtual address   = 0x4
fault code              = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer     = 0x8:0xf0129f5a
stack pointer           = 0x10:0xefbffcac
frame pointer           = 0x10:0xefbffcb8
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                        = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process         = 4254 (find)
interrupt mask          =
panic: page fault

It does this every once in a whle, maybe once a month. I also see disk
errors every few days. Hmmm...wonder if it's related???

Mark