Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 1996 21:46:32 -0500
From:      Dave Blizzard <dblizzar@sprynet.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   serial port problems

Thanks for reading this.
I have updated to 2.1.5 and now my internal modem is no longer
recognized. I have configured it to all of the available com ports and
have rebuilt the kernel with com3 and com4 support as per the docs. I
have also removed all conflicts shown in the boot -c setup. The system
find the motherboard's com ports on sio0 and sio1 no problem and my
modem is recognized in DOS.
I notice in the question database that many other users have similar
problems but since the question search doesn't list answer threads or in
fact any answers to the questions, I'm still in the dark.
Any help would be appreciated.

--
from Dave Blizzard
VE3SVL