Date:      Sun, 19 Aug 2007 11:46:52 -0400
From:      Anish Mistry <amistry@am-productions.biz>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can't create TCP connections to certain IP addresses

--nextPart3587851.3JDjFgElT8

I'm sending this again as I didn't receive any responses before and=20
the problem persists as of yesterday's CURRENT.  Just let me know=20
what other debug info I need to provide.

	This has been happening for a while, I just don't remember when it=20
started (it's been happening for at least a couple of months now),=20
but I know everything was working in April.  I'm trying to debug a=20
strange problem I'm having with my -CURRENT system.  I can not=20
connect to certain IP addresses.  I can connect to=20
am-productions.biz, but not slashdot.org, etc.  When the connection=20
can't be made I see the state as SYN_SENT (via netstat).  This isn't=20
a DNS issue  since I can resolve and ping the sites.
	I've tried other on other networks just in case it was a problem with=20
my network, but the same thing happens there too.  This is using an=20
rl NIC in my laptop.  Using the ath wireless leads to the same=20
results as the rl.
	Connecting to the cvsup server that I'm using does work, so I can=20
update easily.
	I've linked to various information.  If there is some more=20
information I need to provide let me know.

	tcpdump.txt contains a failed connection.  tcpdump-good.txt contains=20
a succeeded connection.

http://am-productions.biz/debug/littleguy/dmesg.boot
http://am-productions.biz/debug/littleguy/LITTLEGUY
http://am-productions.biz/debug/littleguy/tcpdump-good.txt