Date:      Thu, 23 Apr 1998 11:13:37 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Patrik Kudo <kudo@partitur.se>
To:        Michael Hancock <michaelh@cet.co.jp>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: NFS corruption

On Thu, 23 Apr 1998, Michael Hancock wrote:

> I feel confident that the patches DTRT.  Kirk wanted to see them fixed and
> after going through the code I can see why.  They weren't done earlier
> because the scope of the changes seemed very large, but it wasn't all that
> bad.  There were over 700 vrele and vput calls, but it appears that only
> about 10 to 15 percent of them were bogusly placed.
>
> I'm pretty sure we have concensus, but I would like to have someone test
> NFS and ext2fs since I've only done compile testing on those file systems.
> Note the patches for these two file systems were very straight forward
> compared to the ones for unionfs so I'm confident that they are fine.  If
> anyone has the resources to test then please download the patches at...
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/~mch/vop1a.diff

I have some problems that I think are NFS related. I have not followed
this entire thread, so I don't know if this patch will help me, but I'll
give it a try anyway.

My problem is that programms that access files over NFS somtimes locks
totaly and won't be killed. The kernel and userland are built on sources
from 980413 and patched with CAM from the same date.

Is this similar to problems reported earlier?

Regards,
Patrik Kudo