Date:      Sat, 11 Sep 1999 01:22:58 -0500
From:      "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <jeff-ml@mountin.net>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Top (WAS Re: URGENT! HEADS UP: 3.3-RC SMP + APM -> FIX)

At 09:55 PM 9/10/99 +0200, Marc Schneiders wrote:
>Professedly a complete newbie in many respects, I must say 3.3 SMP is working
>fine here. I do get some sort of error message, which I never saw in current
>(dmesg appended below).
>Top now shows more clearly boths CPU's working. In current (well of a week
ago
>or so, when it died on my dual box when I tried to dual install a certain
>unmentionable OS) there was always one "run" and one "CPUx" under STATE.
Or is
>this only related to top?

Looked at top(1) and find that the "C" column is not documented.  Nor was
it very clear to me in the source either, but appears to be the last CPU
the process ran on (in a fuzzy way of course).  Alright, make that logical
ie PP(pp, p_lastcpu), but still no comments on the "C" field requiring some
more digging (no complaints) to track down the field.

An oversight perhaps?

Jeff Mountin - jeff@mountin.net
Systems/Network Administrator
FreeBSD - the power to serve