Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 2002 21:25:13 -0500
From:      "Clark C . Evans" <cce@clarkevans.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipfw / tinydns settings

Hello.  I'm running tinydns on a box with ipfw,
what incantation do I need to allow dns queries
to the box?  I have...

add pass all from any to any via lo0
add pass udp from any to me 53 keep-state
add pass udp from me to any 53

Anyway, I read the ipfw manual but I don't
quite grok what's going on; it looks like
the queries are making their way in, but
the response from tinydns is being blocked.
As soon as I put "add pass udp from any to any"
it works... but I did this just to make sure
that it is a ipfw issue.

Thanks!

Clark