Date:      Wed, 19 Jan 2000 00:50:24 +0000
From:      George Cox <gjvc@extremis.demon.co.uk>
To:        Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
Cc:        Andy Sparrow <andy@geek4food.org>, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Integrated Vibra16 in -current

On 18/01 23:09, Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai wrote:

> >Given the Plug'n'Pray changes in -current, I pretty much expected to lose
> >AWE32 support (as I can no longer use the 'pnp' commands in 'userconfig' to
> >probe the "magic" ports for the AWE32).
>
> AWE32 here, PnPBIOS to off, and added device pcm0 and device sbc0 to my
> kernel config file.
>
> Works perfectly for me.

Yeap, I've got a Creative AWE64 Gold ISA card working perfectly using the
exact same settings.

$ cat /dev/sndstat
FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm) Jan 18 2000 20:59:19
Installed devices:
pcm0: <SB DSP 4.16> at io 0x220 irq 5 drq 1:5 (1p/1r channels duplex)

> Thanks Cameron!

Yes absolutely.  Well done, Sir!  To think I was on the point of selling my
AWE64 about 5 months ago because it didn't work under FreeBSD!

gjvc

--
"Readers who only want to see algorithms that are already packaged in a plug-in
way, using a trendy language, should buy other people's books." -- D. E. Knuth