Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 1997 23:09:55 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jaime Bozza <wheelman@nuc.net>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Driver Question

On Tue, 22 Apr 1997, Doug White wrote:

> The 900 is 10/100 as well, if I remember correctly.  The 905 may be
> better.  (It may have less cache because the PCI bus is probed faster than
> the ISA bus is...)

The 900 is straight 10, the 905 is 10/100 ...  (Interestingly enough, the
10/100 cards have special pricing right now from what I've seen)

> The Intel EtherExpress Pro/100B is supported quite well in FreeBSD; also
> any DE21x4x based cards (Kingston, SMC, Accton, Dayna, others) work very
> nicely.

Got the same recommendation from someone else.  Thanks. :)

> Is there a requirement for 100mbit?  The EtherExpress is known to work at
> 100 megabit.

No requirement at this time, other than the fact that 10/100 cards have
better pricing right now, and it'll allow me a better upgrade path at the
point that I *DO* put parts of my system at 100Mbit.

Jaime Bozza
Nucleus Communications, Inc.