Date:      Wed, 01 Dec 2010 21:17:59 -0000
From:      "Dave" <dave@g8kbv.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Success!  (Was Re: pkg_add fail on FreeBSD V8.0)

Thanks Guys.

(Jason H, Chuck S and Polytropon.)

OK.  I managed to get Hiawatha compiled, installed, configured and
running!  It even works, though I've not yet finished reading up on all
it's features etc, so it'll be a while before I let it loose on the
public, but so far, it appears to work well.

I also managed to duplicate it all on the V8.1 machine I have to play
with at work, so I can fiddle during a lunch break, also having SSH
access to the V8.0 box here at home too now, from my desk at work.  ;-)

I'm liking F'BSD more and more, and with multiple SSH "terminals" open on
another PC, it's getting easier to understand.   Guess in time I'll look
to running X on the thing, and do it that way, but for now, headless via
SSH over the LAN works just fine.

I've got a lot of other stuff to do now, so the BSD box's will have to
look after themselves for a little while, till I catch up on things.

I'm sure I'll be back when something else puzzles me.

Many thanks again people.

Best Regards.

Dave B.