Date:      Mon, 15 Oct 2001 14:58:32 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Micke Josefsson <mj@isy.liu.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   uClinux on FreeBSD. Been done?

Has there been any port of the uClinux development tools to FreeBSD? Since the
generated coff-binaries cannot run on a normal linux anyway, developing on
FreeBSD would be just as good (well, better actually... :-) as compiling on
linux.

When I try to unpack the binaries from their RPMs, rpm complains:

lagrange> rpm -i --test genromfs-0.3-1.i386.rpm
failed to open //var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm
error: cannot open //var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm

Is there anything to do about that?

I also tried the ./configure-script for the sources but they also needed some
linux speciality:(

But running the development tools on the linuxulator is good enough for me.

/Micke