Date:      Fri, 13 Dec 2013 08:43:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unbound in jail

Thanks for your message.
I have all my jails working very nicely and spot-on.

>> 1..  create a single jail.conf file for each jail.
I find that's not necessary. All jail settings in /etc/jail.conf, placed
consecutively. All settings below function correctly:

#_DEFAULTS_FOR_ALL
  enforce_statfs = 2;
  securelevel = 3;
  exec.start = "/bin/sh /etc/rc";
  exec.stop = "/bin/sh /etc/rc.shutdown";

dns {
        name = dns;
        path = /data/ezjail/dns;
        interface = lo1;
        ip4.addr = 192.168.2.97/32;
        host.hostname = dns.rsb;
        devfs_ruleset = 11;
        mount.devfs;
        mount.fstab = /etc/fstab.dns;
}

I then start with "jail -c <jailname>

I had to transfer the ezjail jails into jail.conf, because ezjail gives some
error messages and libjail is still in development. I continue to use the
ezjail-configured filesystems through fstab, which work out fine.

I traced the unbound error message to a faulty unbound.conf setting. It all
works now and unbound starts in sync with the jail. The code to do that in
<jail>/etc/rc.conf however, is:  local_unbound_enable="YES"
Because unbound_enable="YES" does not do the job.

Thanks again & regards.

-----
FreeBSD-11-current_amd64_root-on-zfs_RadeonKMS