Date:      Sat, 2 Feb 2002 17:50:04 +0100
From:      Emiel Kollof <coolvibe@hackerheaven.org>
To:        "Brandon S. Allbery " KF8NH <allbery@ece.cmu.edu>
Cc:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>, Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>, Paul Fardy <pdfardy@mac.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Junior Annoying Hacker Task

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH heeft op zaterdag 2 februari 2002 om 16:48 het
volgende geschreven:

> On Sat, 2002-02-02 at 08:52, Emiel Kollof wrote:
>> Oh, I am not volunteering, it's way beyond my capabilities.
>
> Hm, Darwin is (userspace-wise) mostly FreeBSD 3.x, isn't it?  I wouldn't
> expect porting its NetInfo implementation to be particularly difficult.

AFAIK, Netinfo on Mac OS X is implemented deep. That is, it overrules
standard libc behaviour (like the resolver, fstab and other things), Yes
it's userspace jim, but not as we know it :)

But it's definitely beyond my sphere of control.

Cheers,
Emiel (who knows when he's overclassed ;)