Date:      Tue, 10 Nov 1998 22:09:40 GMT
From:      gfm@mira.net (Graham Menhennitt)
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Named bootfile format doco: help please

I've just installed 3.0-CURRENT onto my machine which was previously
running 2.2-STABLE. Everything seems to be working ok except for named. I
can't seem to work out what I need to put into the named.boot file. The
doco that comes with 3.0 seems to be for the older version. I also went to
the bind web site www.isc.org and found the same old doco.

Could somebody point me to the doco for version 8.1.2. Alternatively could
somebody give me an example of how to set up named for my configuration.

I have a small local network. The FreeBSD box runs the name server. It
should be a master for my local net. I have a dial-up connection to my ISP
from the FreeBSD box. I run ipfw and natd on the FreeBSD box to do IP
masqerading. When I am connected to the ISP, the local name server should
forward requests (for non-local addresses) to the ISP's.

I'm sure that this is a very common setup. If you have something similar
working under 3.0, could you please send me your namedb files.

Thanks for any help,
	Graham