Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 2000 13:38:34 +1000 (EST)
From:      Andy Farkas <andyf@speednet.com.au>
To:        sheldonh@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG, groudier@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kern/20689: Newbusified version of ncr driver does not work in FreeBSD 4.1

I'd just like to say that LINT is very lacking in the doco department with
regards to which driver to use for an older 53810 card, and IMO suggests
using the ncr driver! (the sym driver has no description at all!!)

ps. I have a 53810 card working fine on a 4.1-RELEASE system using the ncr
driver.  I will obviously have to change to sym(4) when I upgrade it...

pps. I vote to nuke ncr(4), and update LINT... perhaps for 4.2-RELEASE...

> Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-bugs->groudier
> Responsible-Changed-By: sheldonh
> Responsible-Changed-When: Thu Aug 24 08:59:15 PDT 2000
> Responsible-Changed-Why:
> Gerard, what should we do with this one?  particularly important
> is how long you expect the ncr(4) driver to stick around in
> GENERIC. :-)

 :{ andyf@speednet.com.au

        Andy Farkas
    System Administrator