Date:      Mon, 4 Jun 2001 02:20:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Storms of Perfection <ancient@gscyclone.com>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: gnu/27842: cp has weird errors trying to copy from ext2fs to freebsd

The following reply was made to PR gnu/27842; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Storms of Perfection <ancient@gscyclone.com>
To: Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: gnu/27842: cp has weird errors trying to copy from ext2fs
  to freebsd
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 05:23:34 -0400

 Actually, I found out why. I had to use the fsck_ext2fs on the ext2
 partition, it cleaned some of the errors up on the drive and I can copy
 everything now. Perhaps someone needs to patch mount_ext2 to include a
 message about using the FreeBSD port "fsck_ext2fs" on a dirty ext2fs
 filesystem..

 Gary