Date:      Thu, 9 Jan 2003 16:50:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      swear@attbi.com (Gary W. Swearingen)
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: conf/46873: sendmail is not well supported by DNS in default 5.0-RC2 install

The following reply was made to PR conf/46873; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: swear@attbi.com (Gary W. Swearingen)
To: Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Date: 09 Jan 2003 16:45:02 -0800

 Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net> writes:

 > What does your /etc/resolv.conf file contain?

 I use basic dhclient, so I get:

     search attbi.com
     nameserver 204.127.198.4
     nameserver 63.240.76.4

 If you care to, you can find more discussion about this in -current
 3-4'Jan'03 with this string in subject:
  "5.0-RC2 informal PR: 90 sec sendmail"

 I understood Terry Lambert to agree that there was a problem in the
 resolver or that a DNS server must be running and configured to do
 reverse resolution on localhost for both IPv4 & IPv6.

 Terry knew I used DHCP, but I think neither of us thought about
 resolv.conf.  My /etc/dhclient.conf is empty.  Are you thinking it
 should have something like "prepend search localhost"?  I'd still
 wonder why it worked without IPv6 in my kernel.