Date:      Mon, 18 Feb 2002 08:33:49 -0800
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        david@van.web.za
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: boot taking long time

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 01:21:19PM +0200, david@van.web.za wrote:
> Does anyone know why when i boot my machine it hangs here for about 1 minute.
>
> ata0: at 0x1f0 irq 14 on atapci0

I _think_ the last time I remember seeing that was a system where the
CDROM was the slave on the primary controller. I made the guess that I
was waiting for the CDROM to be probed. It was a guess.

The delay went away when I did some device swapping (for other
reasons) and moved the CDROM to the secondary controller and a HDD
into the primary slave spot.