Date:      Tue, 28 Jan 1997 20:55:20 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Victor Rotanov <vitjok@fasts.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NetBEUI etc

On Fri, 24 Jan 1997, Victor Rotanov wrote:

> After windows95 installation, it sees other win95 machines w/o any
> additional setup.
> How can i make it see freebsd machines in the same way?
> I need this because i often need to connect customer's win95 machine to our
> lan
> to get some files from the server without re-configuring something.

Actually, it DOES require additional setup, but by default the Windows
networking junk is installed when an ethernet card is installed.  We
gracefully strip it out when we install Ethernet cards in student's
machines.

Anyway, to get FreeBSD Windows Networking, you'll need to install the
Samba package.