Date:      Sun, 09 Apr 2000 14:30:21 -0400
From:      William Freeman <wdf@picusnet.com>
To:        Tim Radigan <rad2921@cup.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bash shell

--------------885F44DFC4286DF3ED35F1FB

I have a really kick-ass BASH file up on http://www.dotfiles.com.  there
should be examples of nearly everything in there including ANSI prompt (you
need an ANSI font in your terminal emulator for this (it only looks correct
with the latest versions of Eterm)).  I use Tcsh and Xterm these days, so i
havn't looked at that file in over 2 months.  it's usable though.  it's
EvilGNU's .bashrc.  there is a .dircolors to match if you use gnuls.  my
tcsh setup is there, too

Tim Radigan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering where I might be able to find a list of options that one
> could use in the bash login script.  Like, how to create aliases and the
> such.  I've tried the man pages, but I really didn't see what I was
> looking for.  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Tim Radigan

William D. Freeman (wdf@picusnet.com)
http://members.xoom.com/EvilGNU

--------------885F44DFC4286DF3ED35F1FB

I have a really kick-ass BASH&nbsp;file up on <A HREF="http://www.dotfiles.com">http://www.dotfiles.com</A>.&nbsp;
there should be examples of nearly everything in there including ANSI&nbsp;prompt
(you need an ANSI&nbsp;font in your terminal emulator for this (it only
looks correct with the latest versions of Eterm)).&nbsp; I use Tcsh and
Xterm these days, so i havn't looked at that file in over 2 months.&nbsp;
it's usable though.&nbsp; it's EvilGNU's .bashrc.&nbsp; there is a .dircolors
to match if you use gnuls.&nbsp; my tcsh setup is there, too
one
and the
I was

<pre>--&nbsp;