Date:      Sat, 12 Apr 2008 07:07:09 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
To:        Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hardware - Sun workstation Ultra 20 and others

--oFbHfjnMgUMsrGjO

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 12:57:53PM +0200, Ivan Voras wrote:
>Does anyone have experience with running Sun's Opteron-based
>workstation, Ultra 20, 25, 40? Both with FreeBSD and other systems
>(Linux)? Are they stable, all the drivers are present, etc?

I've not used any of these but:
1) The Ultra 25 is UltraSPARC IIIi based.  This CPU is not supported
   by FreeBSD as Sun will not release necessary documentation.
2) Sun states they support both RHEL and SuSE ES on both the U20 and
   U40 so I would expect they are stable and all hardware supported,
   at least on those Linuxes.

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--oFbHfjnMgUMsrGjO