Date:      Tue, 12 Nov 2002 15:28:02 +0000
From:      Tony Finch <dot@dotat.at>
To:        silby@silby.com
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: forwarded message on Source Quench Packets.

Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com> wrote:

>I can see how these source quench messages would cause problems if a DoS
>is being routed through a FreeBSD router, and I think that your patch
>makes sense.  Are there any objections to me committing this in a few
>days?

Doesn't FreeBSD rate-limit ICMP as required by the RFC? If there is a
but it's that the rate-limiting isn't happening, not that source-quench
packets are being generated. If it's important that FreeBSD routers not
generate them then it should be a sysctl option.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/
SELSEY BILL TO LYME REGIS: SOUTHWEST 5 OR 6 LOCALLY 7. CLOUDY, SHOWERS OR