Date:      Wed, 24 Sep 1997 10:44:07 -0500
From:      Wm Brian McCane <root@bmccane.uit.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   2940U broken

Greetings,

	I have an interesting problem.  I have a Adaptec 2940U controller in
my computer.  I also have a JVC CD-R in the machine, attached to the 2940U.
If I boot FreeBSD with the drive attached the machine crashes in
scsi_device_attach according to the panic information.  From what I see on the
screen, it is trying to read or write to a memory address, and the address it
is trying to access is always ASCII "text" values.  It would appear that one
of the scsi routines is writing a string that is longer than the allocated
buffer and killing the stack.  Anyone know anything about this?

	brian