Date:      Thu, 10 Jun 1999 16:27:12 -0500
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "Palle Girgensohn" <girgen@partitur.se>
Cc:        <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Multiple Apache ports

From: Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se>
> > I have the apache (w/mod_ssl EAPI and frontpage patches) port and ap-ssl
> > module port converted.  My next goal is to make the ap-frontpage module
> > port.
>
> Sounds good. Frontpage is a beast. I'd love to have it DSO.

The apache13-fp port already compiles it as a DSO.

> BTW: How do you set the dependencies? I tried setting it up dynamically,
> by checking the existence of apache, httpsd and httpd, but Satoshi
> recommended against it, since it would break make index, for example.
> Still, I think other ports does similar things...

The ap-ssl port checks for the apache dependancy by using a [RUN,
BUILD]_DEPENDS on:

${PREFIX}/sbin/httpd:${PORTSDIR}/www/apache13

Also, each port would need to have a CONFLICTS variable, that defines which
ports of the Apache server it would conflict with.  For example:

CONFLICTS=      apache*-1.2* apache*-1.3.[012345] apache-*modssl-* \
                apache-*+ssl_* ap13-mod_ssl-2.3.[0]

In order to support the CONFLICTS variable, bsd.ports.mk and the pkg_install
tools will need to be changed.  Currently, the pkg_install tools and
bsd.ports.mk changes have been completed.  When I have the ap-ssl port
completed I'll submit them for review.

Scot