Date:      Wed, 12 Feb 1997 14:16:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      rohit@cs.umd.edu
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        rohit@cs.umd.edu
Subject:   'tip' to a SUN.

Hi,

A friend of mine is trying to 'tip' to a SUN Machine
thru the serial port (/dev/cuaa1) on a FreeBSD box
running 2.2.

Somehow, not all characters are able to get across.
For example the characters 's', 'n' and '=' just can't
seem to get across. On the other hand some other characters
like 'e' and 'f' seem to get transferred just fine.

Would somebody know what's going on? A serial null-modem
cable is being used (I don't think the cable is the
problem though). My guess is that some weird encoding is
going on. We tried various combinations of parameters to
stty (2 stop bits, 1 stop bit, no parity etc...) but
nothing seemed to work. What is puzzling is that some
characters work and some don't.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks.

--rohit.