Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 2002 20:07:15 +0100
From:      Niall Brady <bradyn@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        Nik Clayton <freebsd-doc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Tracking down the PS/PDF image problem

There's another person I work with who can build it as well... he's put
his info (if I beat him to mailing the list ;-) at

	http://www.tchpc.tcd.ie/~bobb/docproj/

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002 22:13:28 BST, Nik Clayton said:

>Can you send me a copy of them.  I don't need the whole Handbook, so do
>something like:
>
>    cd ......../handbook
>    make -i CHAPTERS=3Dinstall FORMATS=3Dps\ pdf
>
>which will generate book.{ps,pdf} with just the install chapter.
>
>Also, can you tar up a few of the .eps files from the install/
>directory, and send them to me.  I want to compare them with what my
>system generates.

All of the above is at

	http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~bradyn/docproj/

in case anyone else wants a look.

You should have gotten them in mail too Nik.

>How did you customise it?  I'm a TeX neophyte, so use small words (or
>better yet, step by step instructions) :-)

Sorry, that made it sound bigger than it is ;-)   Just installed
from source, and we keep the packages up to date ourselves.

> .  You don't have the netpbm libs registered in the package database.
>    These are a dependency of (amongst other things) peps.  I have
>    the netpbm-9.25_1 installed from the ports tree.  What version do
>    you have?  Since peps is used to generate the images that are
>    causing the problems I suspect that we have an issue there.

Er, maybe something went wrong with the pkg_version I sent you (deleted
it since), but I do have netpbm and peps installed from ports...

netpbm-9.22
peps-1.0

> .  You don't have jadetex registered in the package database.  I
>    assume this is part of the TeTeX customisation, yes?

Yep, installed off CTAN...  it's version 3.10, around July last
year?

--
	Niall