Date:      Thu, 20 Mar 1997 11:54:14 -0800
From:      "Tim Oneil" <toneil@visigenic.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Free Systems Journal

At 09:53 AM 3/20/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Given that this will probably be nothing like the slick, glossy,
>full-color periodicals you get from folks like the Linux Journal (and
>possibly this Free Software Journal), I having had something more like
>USENIX's ";login" newsletter in mind, perhaps there is ample room in
>the market for both publications if we play this reasonably
>cooperatively.  If nothing else, the Free Software Journal will be
>paying its contributors and may therefore attract a different caliber
>of writer. :)

>Comments?

Jordan;

I think this is a great idea. I would (since you ask), find someone
willing to coordinate the effort, a first editor-in-cheif as it were,
wanting to do it becuase he/she loves freeBSD, and then that person
can put together a reuest for editors/authors. If two or more people
can be found who want to do it, they should bounce around ideas for
format and content.
I was going to add "then they could submit the ideas to the news
letter for approval", but, too many cooks. Maybe it would be better
for them to just do it.

-Tim