Date:      Thu, 9 Sep 1999 13:45:39 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Stas Kisel <stas@sonet.crimea.ua>
To:        avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au, stas@sonet.crimea.ua
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mbuf shortage situations

> From: Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>

> The problem with this is the BSD TCP/IP implementation ACK's (or at least
> attempts to ACK) data as soon as it is received and it is a big no-no to
> discard queued data that has already been ACK'd.

Probably it is not self-evident why we HAVE to drop this connection.

It is evil connection. Good applications do read data from their sockets,
and evil ones do not. And ever if it is good, but silly or busy
application, good clients do not send so much data that application
can not process it. Am I wrong, there are any examples?

--
Stas Kisel. UNIX, security, C, TCP/IP, Web. UNIX - the best adventure game
http://www.tekmetrics.com/transcript.shtml?pid=20053 http://www.crimea.edu