Date:      Wed, 28 Feb 2001 14:18:48 -0500
From:      Bob Johnson <bob@eng.ufl.edu>
To:        tayerv@ph.inter.net
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: being FreeBSD-stable

> Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 01:12:36 +0800
> From: "jett tayer" <tayerv@ph.inter.net>
> Subject: being FreeBSD-stable

> - ------=_NextPart_000_0084_01C0A1EC.B3F05600
>
> hello,
>
> im a new user of FreeBSD and i want to know the step by step
> procedure on how to make my FreeBSD-RELEASE become
> FreeBSD-stable. Is this possible?
>
> jett

You should find the information you need at
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/synching.html and the pages
that follow it.

It is also possible to directly update your binaries by
installing a snapshot from ftp://releng4.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/
if you prefer to do that rather than upgrade from source
as described in the Handbook.

- Bob