Date:      Sat, 17 Jun 2000 14:27:24 +0930 (CST)
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <darius@dons.net.au>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: HEADS UP!: config changes...

On 13-Jun-00 Peter Wemm wrote:
> *** CAUTION IS REQUIRED ***!
>
> FYI, an intrusive commit has been done that requires careful attention. If
> you ignore this or mess it up, it can burn your house down, shoot your dog,
> close your bank accounts, report you to the IRS, or maybe even something
> bad.

Well, I updated today (CVSup as of 16th June 20:00 UTC)

And it worked fine except 1) the generated makefile for my kernel/modules build
directory was broken (missing a ; \) - I've been told this is fixed, and 2) I
had 'device sc' when it should have been 'device sc 1'.

I had a minor problem where the perl script generated lines like ->
hint.fdc.0.port=""0x3F0""

Which the loader barfed on.. easy to fix though.

---
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum