Date:      Sat, 11 Dec 1999 18:02:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Eric J. Chet" <ejc@bazzle.com>
To:        patrick@whetstonelogic.com
Cc:        shevlandj@kpi.com.au, freebsd-java@freebsd.org, dmobrien@lucent.com, caa@bazzle.com
Subject:   Re: HOWTO: Blackdown JDK 1.2.2 RC3 on 3.x

Hello
	I just installed "Blackdown JDK 1.2.2 RC3" on -current as of 12/11
using linux_base-6.1 port.  I also installed the Linux version of JBuilder
without any problems, imported a java project I had written and everything
worked without any problems.  The only thing I had to do with JBuilder was
use bash instead of sh on the install scripts.

Have fun,

Eric Chet

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999 patrick@whetstonelogic.com wrote:

> I would concur.  I ran all the demo applets and the JFC demos.  They
> all ran fine.
>
> If you want to get rid of the "dingbat" font errors, you can edit
> jre/lib/font.properties, and comment out the lines with "dingbat" in it.
>
> I've made these changes to the original message, and posted it to the
> FreeBSD Java web site.  diff files are availible there as well.  (Or
> will be when the web site updates.)  They are also availible at:
> http://www.whetstonelogic.com/java/linux-jdk.tar.gz
>
> I'll be posting relative performance results in a message shortly
> (Which also answers Joe's earlier post.)
>
> Patrick Gardella
>
> On  9 Dec, Joe Shevland wrote:
> > Thanks, seems to work fine so far on my 3.3-STABLE box too. I think possibly
> > the only additional thing I had to do was specify --ignoreos to rpm as it
> > complained for some reason.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Joe.

Eric Chet -> ejc@bazzle.com ejc@FreeBSD.ORG echet@cms.cendant.com
Senior Analysts Cendant Inc.  - Specializing in OOA, OOD, C++, Java, CORBA
Kenpo JuJitsu the Ultimate in Self Defense, Tai Chi for Life
"That which doesn't kill me, only makes me stronger."