Date:      Thu, 20 Jul 2000 13:19:08 -0400
From:      Alan Clegg <abc@bsdi.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   IBM MicroDrive in a SanDisk "reader"

I have an IBM MicroDrive (CF+, Type II) that I'm trying to use in a SanDisk
ImageMate CF<-->USB 'reader'.  I can get other media (Kodak 8MB flash) to
work, but when I attempt to read the MicroDrive, I get a failure.  I've
e-mailed the SanDisk folks, and they assure me that Type II cards work
fine in this reader, and, infact, it does under Windows.

Here is the snippet of dmesg showing the failure of the MicroDrive (although
the size is discovered correctly), followed by the success of the 8MB Kodak
Card.

--SNIP--
umass0: detached
umass0: SanDisk Corporation ImageMate CompactFlash USB, rev 1.10/0.09, addr 2
umass0: Get Max Lun not supported (STALLED)
da0 at umass-sim32 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
da0: <SanDisk ImageMate II 1.30> Removable Direct Access SCSI-2 device
da0: 650KB/s transfers
da0: 342MB (700561 512 byte sectors: 64H 32S/T 342C)
da0: reading primary partition table: error reading fsbn 0
(da0:umass-sim32:0:0:0): lost device
(da0:umass-sim32:0:0:0): removing device entry
da0 at umass-sim32 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
da0: <SanDisk ImageMate II 1.30> Removable Direct Access SCSI-2 device
da0: 650KB/s transfers
da0: 7MB (15681 512 byte sectors: 64H 32S/T 7C)
--SNIP--

Anybody have any ideas?

AlanC