Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 1996 16:58:16 GMT
From:      xiyuan qian <xiyuan@npc.haplink.co.cn>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        steve@cioeserv.cioe.com
Subject:   Can't reboot the host

Hi, when I changed the 4DX66 cpu with a P586 in my host, I can't restart it, give the following mesages following on the usual booting messages:
Mar. 21 16:48:16 init: can't exec /bin/sh for /etc/rc; No such file or directoryMar. 21 16:48:46 init: /etc/spwd.db: No such file or directory
Enter pathname of sh or press RETURN for sh:

When I press return, the error message repeated. How can I solve it? Help!

--xiyuan