Date:      Tue, 23 Oct 2001 16:48:46 +1000
From:      "Julian Morgan" <jmorganmcse@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   REQUEST FOR COMMENT

<DIV></DIV>After setting all this up and starting a fresh in learning FreeBSD over the past 8 months while the system has been running, we have had some crew question the overall
<DIV></DIV>effectiveness of security and other issues.. As a result they believe that it is better to get some certified hardware firewall that provider upgrades patches, instead of having
<DIV></DIV>a Unix product which is open source and requires patches all the time, updates ontop of the usual monitoring, and dedicate a person to basically be ontop of all seven sites all the
<DIV></DIV>time....
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>So besides the ISP sucking a little - it means we are going to have to upgrade the whole VPN system - and tear out the BSD boxes and get some hardware firewall!!!!!!!!
<DIV></DIV>hmm yet to see the doco on this equiptment...
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>just wondered what your thoughts were
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Regards