Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 1996 11:30:56 -0600
From:      Jim Lowe <james@miller.cs.uwm.edu>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   New news...

Just a couple of bits of new news.

I put out a new version of the meteor driver for FreeBSD.  The new
version fixed a bug that I introduced in version 1.0.10 which caused
even/odd only fields not to work correctly.  I also added a couple of new
modes YUV_12 and YUV_9, as well as a time-stamp ioctl.  The time-stamp
stuff works in single capture or continuous capture but not in
synch capture yet (ftp://ftp.cs.uwm.edu/pub/FreeBSD/meteor.tar.gz).

There is a new version of the mbone tools.  I included source for
everything I thought would be useful.  The tools are compiled and
there is source, object and binaries found in the file:
	ftp://ftp.cs.uwm.edu/pub/FreeBSD/m-src.tar.gz

It contains vat 4.0a8 and vic 2.7a38.  I have included the meteor
and spigot grabber for vic, but I havn't been able to locate a
qcam driver or the library for FreeBSD.  If someone could forward
me the appropriate bits, I will be sure to include a compiled version
of vic with all 3 drivers next time around.

Due to a request by Steve Casner, the FreeBSD Lounge has been
moved to sdr/rtpv2/h.261/wb rather than sd/vat/h.261/wb. It is
no longer being announce via sd.

Those people with mbone access and ISDN links might be interested
in the new test shuttle session being announced with sdr called
``Test RTP - ARC Digital Video''.  It is running vic/h.261/rtpv2
at 64kbps and vat/gsm/rtpv2 at 32kbps so you should be able to
listen and watch the shuttle stuff.  It should be running until
the shuttle lands this weekend.

	-Jim