Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 1995 09:58:04 -0500
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.nodak.edu>
To:        davidg@Root.COM, mikebo@tellabs.com
Cc:        bugs@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.1.0-951020-SNAP: Major bug in NFS again!

what is the IP number of tellabk and sunk (or if this is private, what is
the relationship between these two numbers is sunk IP < tellabk IP)? If I
remember correctly when I was playing with IP aliases (ie "multi-homed"), on
a new connection from a multi-homed FreeBSD machine, the multi-homed machine
used lowest IP number whether the lowest IP was the real (ifconfig without
an alias) interface address or not. I think this operation is incorrect.
UDP and TCP should alway orginate the real address not the lowest (possibly
and alias) address.

--mark.