Date:      Wed, 17 Feb 1999 16:35:45 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ifconfig kills my machine

Mike Smith wrote:

> > > I've also seen this on a (significant) number of IBM systems.  We could
> > > probably get FreeBSD certified on the NetFinity range if we can resolve
> > > this.
> >
> > What can I do to help?  I'd send the machine to you if I could, but it's
> > Xylan property.  If there's anything I can trap, printf, or debug, let
> > me know.  I'm willing to stay late and debug over the phone, or even
> > setup a serial console and a modem if that'll help.
>
> Characterise the defect, report or fix.

I just booted 3.1-R from kern + mfsroot floppies, and it was able to probe
the fxp0 interface just fine.  I'll take a run at upgrading this machine
tonight or tomorrow, but it appears my problem has been fixed.

--
             Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                                     +1.801.915.2061
Softweyr LLC                                                  wes@softweyr.com