Date:      Thu, 28 Feb 2008 14:34:01 +0000
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ticketswitch.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   if_re losinbg ability to communicate, even with latest patches

yesterday I had my first experience of an if_re interface simply stopping
responding. I ma running 7.0-RELEASE on the machine, but with
the lates files taken from here:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/re/7.0R/if_re.c
	http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/re/7.0R/if_rlreg.h

Luckily I had worried about tis and have set the machine up to reboot
if it suspects that it';s netowkring is down, so twelve hours later it
did so and I can login again. Is there anythign useful I can get out
of the logs to try and work out what the problem is though ? A I see
lots of messages in the log like this:

"error sending response: not enough free resources"

but I am assuming that this is due to the ether stall, not the cause of
it. Would enabling polling on the interface help ? (i.e. is this possiblky
a lost interrupt issue?).

All advice welcome...

-pete.