Date:      Sun, 8 Apr 2001 02:15:37 -0500
From:      Andrew Hesford <ajh3@chmod.ath.cx>
To:        Ethan <telmnstr@757.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dosemu question

On Sat, Apr 07, 2001 at 11:43:47PM -0500, Ethan wrote:
> Okay, here is an odd one.
>
> Whenever I try to run dosemu, I always get this error:
>
> laff# doscmd
> Unknown interrupt 15 function 4101
> Unknown interrupt 15 function 8796
> doscmd: fatal error int16 func 0x1 only supported in X mode
>
> I have tried the 95 boot disk, MS-DOS 6.0, 6.22 and OpenDOS something.

These errors mean the program is trying to do something that doscmd
doesn't understand. If the program is directed toward DOS 6.22, I
wouldn't be too surprised... doscmd is known to have problems with DOS
6.22.

That Windows 95 isn't working is no surprise, either, as it is newer
than DOS 6.22.

I have had problems with DOS 6.0, with similar interupt errors, trying
to boot the setup disk, and trying to run qbasic.exe.

Unless you can find an older boot disk, I think you may be out of luck.
You may be out of luck anyway, since low-level device access might not
work in FreeBSD.

--
Andrew Hesford
ajh3@chmod.ath.cx