Date:      Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:37:58 -0500
From:      Peterhin <hindrich@worldchat.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Trying to get X working.

I have installed Freebsd 5.3, and I am at Chapter 5.6 of the handbook,
and really can't figure out where to go from here.
How do I start XDM? or do I do that with 'startx'. If so I have a
further problem, in that when I try 'startx' I get 'Fatal server error;
no screens found' also 'X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill of
server shutdown). xauth: (argv):1: bad display name "Quercus:0" in
"remove" command
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am a newbie to  CLI, and the
NIX environment.

Peter

"Civil Liberties are at the whim of those in power"