Date:      Fri, 26 Sep 1997 19:37:50 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Søren Schmidt <sos@sos.freebsd.dk>
To:        chuckr@glue.umd.edu (Chuck Robey)
Cc:        FreeBSD-Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: thickwisre<->thinwire

> I'm doing a bit of computer re-arrangement (keeps my life interesting) and
> I find I have to connect another computer to my existing home ethernet.
> Trouble is, the ethernet is thinwire, and the new computer (a DECStation
> 5000/120, which will be running NetBSD) is thickwire.  I'm going to be
> connecting it to my two existing FreeBSD boxes.
>
> Does anyone know where I could go to get a thickwire to thinwire
> converter?  I've not had any luck searching it out yet.

Does the DECStation connect via an AUI cable ??
Then you just need one of those little gizmos that plug in to the
AUI connector and has a BNC connector in the other end....
Or you could get nasty and get a connector that fits on the end of
the think cable and a converter from that to BNC, both cables are
50 Ohms, so it works, just is a bit unusual :)

Søren Schmidt               (sos@FreeBSD.org)               FreeBSD Core Team
                Even more code to hack -- will it ever end
..