Date:      Fri, 10 May 2002 13:42:39 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, hackers@freebsd.org, Gordon Tetlow <gordont@gnf.org>, Michael Smith <msmith@mass.dis.org>, Jonathan Mini <mini@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: nextboot loader diff

John Baldwin wrote:
> On 10-May-2002 Julian Elischer wrote:
> > You also had to have:

[ ... ]

> > 4/ The ability to specify a filesystem on another planet^H^H^H^H^H^Hdisk.
>
> Something you've missed in this version of nextboot is:
>
> 5/ work on more than just i386

[ ... ]

> This only works on i386.

Now is when I point out that the original nextboot predates the ELF
format conversion, as well as the new FORTH based loader code...
which predates running on anything other than i386 anyway (unless
you count my Motorolla Powerstack port, or Vogel's SPARC port,
back before the 4.4-Lite integration).

-- Terry