Date:      Fri, 06 Jun 1997 03:34:08 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>, John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Make Release Question

> > We just crunched :)  Now I just have to wait for the build and
> > do an install.
>
> Cool!  Please commit the relevant changes to the RELENG_2_2 branch
> when you're done so that I may duplicate your success. :-)

Installed & running :)
BTW, I got a core at the first install.  I never realized that the
first '/' after the hostname in an ftp url was ignored.  I was
having difficulty typing in the url, and the forth time I tried,
I just typed "ftp://awfulhak.lan.awfulhak.org" (accident).  It
caught the core, said it was going to tidy up and gave me an ok.
Every <return> on the ok caused another core (evident on ALT-F2) !

The hostname was looked up ok (my nameserver only!), and I've been
through media.c and ftp.c - everything looks fine....  I can't
figure what actually caused the core.  I havn't really time to
try to repeat it either (it's 03:30 here - I've gotta be in work
tomorrow :( )

Maybe you might want to duplicate my failure too :)

I did another install with a good url and a bin & source & man
distribution - went fine first time (ftp install, via a box
running natd :)

--
Brian <brian@awfulhak.org>, <brian@freebsd.org>
      <http://www.awfulhak.org>;